This month marks Baby Safety Month, and though you baby’s safety is clearly a number one priority year-round, we’d like to take this time to remind you of some basic baby safety tips while driving.
- Booster seats absolutely save lives, with children properly stationed in booster seats 45 percent less likely to be injured in a crash.
- Be sure to choose a federally approved car safety seat, and follow the instructions carefully.
- Never carry an infant in your lap while driving, and never place a car seat in the front passenger seat.
- Always take your baby out of the car with you, never leaving it behind. Especially in warm weather, vehicles can heat up to a deadly temperature very quickly.
- Whenever possible, drive with an additional passenger who can keep their eye on the baby in the backseat.
Do you have any other baby safety tips while driving? Let us know your ideas in the comments below.