The 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty pickup truck is already living up to its predecessors with incredible capabilities. Thanks to its range of powerful engines, including a 7.3-liter V8 gas-powered engine and the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel V8 engine, Ford Super Duty performance is already the best in its class in a number of ways.
- With the Power Stroke engine, the 2020 F-Series Super Duty manages:
- Best-in-class diesel power and torque at 475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque.
- Best-in-class max diesel conventional towing at 24,200 pounds.
- Best-in-class diesel fifth-wheel towing at 32,500 pounds.
- Best-in-class diesel gooseneck towing at 37,000 pounds.
- With the standard gas-powered 6.2-liter engine, the 2020 F-Series Super Duty boasts best-in-class max payload capacity at 7,850 pounds.
- With the 7.3-liter V8, the 2020 F-Series Super Duty achieves best-in-class horsepower and torque ratings at 430 hp and 475 lb-ft, respectively.
For improved towing, the Ford F-Series Super Duty is available with new technologies, including optional class-exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist and Trailer Reverse Guidance.
“Ford truck customers are building a better world with Super Duty, and we’re helping them work even harder with the most available diesel towing, payload, torque and power you can get in a heavy-duty pickup,” commented Mike Pruitt, Super Duty chief engineer. “We’re excited to be in the nation’s largest truck market at the State Fair of Texas announcing we’ve surpassed the kilotorque barrier and made it standard with every pickup truck featuring a Power Stroke diesel engine.”
The Ford F-Series of trucks has been the nation’s best-selling truck lineup for 42 years. With this latest iteration of the Super Duty, we don’t suspect that will change any time soon. Check out the 2020 Ford F-Series Super Duty trucks at Sanderson Ford!